Year 6C 2023 - 2024
Welcome to 6C's Class Page!
Here you will find information about topics that we will be studying this year as well as information about weekly homework.
Important things to know
Homework will be given on a Friday and is due in the following Wednesday.
PE is on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Children will need to bring their P.E kits and trainers into school on these days.
When the children have been given their ukeleles, they will need to bring them to school every Monday. They can access the learning we have been doing in our music lessons using the link below.
What are we doing this year?
Look below to see some of the topics we will be covering this year. You can view the full curriculum on the curriculum page. Aswell as learning lots of exciting, new topics in Year 6.
- Light and parts of the eye
- Animals including humans & classification
- Evolution and inheritance
- Dragons' Den and the designing, creating and marketing of our own products
- How Christians view God
- Forgiveness in religion
- Coastal erosion
- Developing our grammar skills
- Recapping the spelling rules we have learnt at primary school
- As well as reading and working on lots of exciting new books including Survivors, Wolves of Currumpaw, Room 13, Holes, Clockwork, Hansel and Gretel and many more...
Wow! What a lot of exciting topics we have to cover this year. We'll certainly be kept busy!
As the flagship year group we need to be responsible learners. Remember to use TTR, your study guides and all of the other helpful websites that we can access to support our learning!
This week's homework
Homework set: Friday 22nd September 2023
Homework due: Wednesday 27th September 2023
Remember to compete in this week's TT Rockstars Battle to continue to develop your times table fluency.
Files to Download
Year 6C: School News items
Year 6C: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 6C: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 6C: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display