Art and Design
Through exploring and discussing artwork, children will develop an appreciation and knowledge of a wide range of artists and artistic cultures. Pupils learn to express their ideas in visual form by using a range of techniques and mediums, including both 2D and 3D work. Opportunities to work with visiting artists and visit galleries further enhance children’s knowledge in this subject.
Read the quotes below to see what our pupils enjoy about Art lessons at Middlewich Primary School.
- "I like painting with the primary colours." (Foundation Stage)
- " I liked learning how to use different things such as pencils, crayon, chalk and pastilles to make different lines." (year 1)
- "I enjoyed learning about tint and shade when we made a colour wheel." (year 2)
- "I enjoyed it when we painted ‘A Bigger Splash’ by David Hockney because it was very colourful!" (year 3)
- "I have really enjoyed studying landscapes and drawing in the style of William Grill." (year 4 pupil)
- "My favourite thing about Art was when we did the plaster of paris casting in the style of Gaudi." (year 5 pupil)
- "I like designing self-portraits because I like design and experimenting with the style." (year 6 pupils)
Please see the link below for more detail about what is covered in each year group.